24 Social Media Post Ideas for Accountants and CPAs
As the owner of an accounting firm, it can often seem surprising when you find yourself also having to be a marketer. Usually one of the most unexpected things to happen when someone opens their new business is that they realize they now need to learn marketing! And, in 2018 and beyond being a marketer for your accounting firm means utilizing social media and content marketing. One of the most overwhelming pieces of social media is that you always have to come up with new content to post.
Below are 24 ideas of things you can post to your social media.
Social Media Post Ideas for Your Accounting Firm
One of the best pieces of content you can share is content that is relevant and valuable to your target audience. Think about what your clients and prospective clients want to know.
1. Articles on new tax laws
2. QuickBooks tips, tricks, and tutorials
3. Accounting and bookkeeping articles
4. Answer FAQs. Think about the most common questions you get and answer them on your social platforms
5. If you have a blog for your accounting firm then make sure to also share them on social media
6. Share reminders about tax due dates and other pertinent information
7. Repost interesting infographics that relate to accounting and tax
8. Share a link to a free whitepaper or download that you might have on your website
Build Your Firm website clients have access to the Content Library with their website. This houses over 400 accounting and tax-related articles to post to social media so that you don’t need to craft all the content on your own. Learn more about our websites for accountants.
9. Share a review from happy clients or recent testimonial
10. Highlight a success story or case study from one of your clients (always make sure to get the client’s approval first)
Just for Fun
11. Share a tax or accounting related joke
12. Pose a question to your audience, people love to answer polls and weigh in on topics they care about
13. Repost a funny accounting or tax comic or video
14. Inspiring quotes from leaders in the industry
15. Post an interesting statistic
Office Announcements and Information
16. Share any office news or happenings like recent local press, updated office hours, etc.
17. Show company culture- this is something that shows off your office’s personality and gives a behind-the-scenes look
18. Post photos! People love to see the faces behind your firm. Share photos from office events, around the office photos, etc.
19. Special occasions such as birthdays, a new baby, promotions etc.
20. Introduce a staff person with their photo and a bio
21. Company accomplishments – your followers want to know about your success!
22. Initiate a referral program and give your clients a reward for referring you
23. If you’re running any discounts or promotions, social media is a great place to share these
24. Giveaway something for free (like a free consultation)