Pricing in Advance for CPA Firms
In this Encore episode of Accounting Marketing Doesn’t Suck, Hugh Duffy talked to Michelle Golden, owner of Fore LLC. A business counselor and strategist, as well as a well-known expert marketer, Michelle teaches on a variety of strategic, leadership, pricing, growth and management topics.
Tune in to hear the replay of episode 8 where we talk with Michelle about how pricing in advance is different from value-pricing (and why she bristles at that term), why defining the scope of every engagement is critical to pricing in advance, and why pricing for worth always involves an exploration of purpose with clients.
In this podcast, Michelle goes into detail on how pricing in advance is truly different than the industry practice of value pricing and fixed fees. As she says, insurance companies can provide advance pricing for all kinds of protection against hurricanes, fires, floods and yet CPA Firms can’t provide this… why not?
She also goes into managing the scope of an engagement, why you should be providing your clients with more choices, and much more.
Listen to Episode 008
Guest Bio: Michelle Golden, CPF
Michelle Golden, CPF, is a growth and profitability strategist, and “value pricing” expert. With a strong background in CPA-firm marketing, she honed subspecialties in pricing and positioning. She currently focuses most on educating CPAs and assisting them to implement new pricing models based upon outcomes they affect, advancing them beyond charging for time spent.
What she does best—differently from others—is energize people while she shows them how to do hard stuff. She clarifies the complicated. She sheds new light and instills confidence. She sets you up to make big progress possible.
Since 1994, she’s helped more than 130 firms to grow and become more profitable.
Michelle is recognized industry-wide for her original ideas and success with practical implementation. Some honors:
- Ten Most Powerful Women in Accounting by Accounting Today
- 25 Most Powerful Women in Accounting by CPA Practice Advisor
- Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting by Accounting Today
- Top 25 Thought Leaders in Public Accounting by CPA Practice Advisor
- Association for Accounting Marketing Hall of Fame – Michelle holds the International Association of Facilitators’ Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) designation. Her deep knowledge of firm operations and sharp observation skills allow her to grasp a firm’s nuances quickly. She then guides firm owners and their teams toward increased business, improved customer interactions, smoother operations, and stronger cultures.