Monthly Archives: February 2016
Mark E. Feinsot, CPA is a boutique accounting and tax firm that specializes in working with high-net-worth individuals, multi-generational families, professional athletes and entertainers. His firm offers a personalized service and is the opposite of large banks and large wealth management companies. They provide independent and objective solutions without the red tape of larger institutions.
Mark’s background and personality are not what you’d expect from an accountant. For example, Mark was a research physicist and then a commercial pilot before becoming a CPA. In his spare time, he trains pilots how to fly and is the trustee of a private philanthropic foundation.
If you are searching for a personable CPA that enjoys the complexity of working with high-net-worth families and individuals, call 212-631-0320 and ask for Mark Feinsot.
Mark E. Feinsot, CPA is a High-Net-Worth CPA firm based in New York City. They have two offices in Midtown Manhattan for local clients. They also work with clients all over the United States to service his Aviation Accounting niche which caters to Private Plane owners, Aircraft Management companies, and flying enthusiasts.
Businesses currently located outside the U.S. that want to do business in the United States face a mountain of issues for themselves and key employees. To make this process simpler, some accounting firms have turned this into a boutique type of service extending way beyond the normal call of duty.
First, it helps to be bilingual and have an experienced team that has assisted businesses migrate into the United States. And for the legal aspects, providing recommendations on the best immigration law firm for your particular circumstances.
Here are two firms that have turned this into a concierge type service.
Set Up Business in Atlanta Georgia – Delerme CPA has helped many businesses migrate from South America, Central America and the Carribean set up shop in Atlanta legally. To assist with the immigration process, they have several immigration attorneys to recommend based on your unique situation.
With the recent financial crisis in Puerto Rico, Delerme is uniquely suited because the owner, Victor Delerme, is licensed to operate in United States and Puerto Rico.
Set Up Business in California – Chahal & Associates has helped many businesses migrate from Asia, Australia, India, Indonesia and Philippines set up business and ultimately migrate to California. To assist with the immigration process, they have several immigration attorneys to recommend based on your unique situation.
One of the best way’s for your church to retain the trust of the community is to hire an independent CPA Firm to audit your books, provide a system for internal controls and retain compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
Here are a few reasons why your church and/or faith-based ministry should hire a CPA to oversee your financial situation.
- Internal Controls – CPA Firms that are accustomed to working with churches and ministries will help you institute better controls on the inflow and outflow of funds and protect against fraud. A periodic review of your internal processes will dramatically reduce the risk of fraud and mismanagement of funds.
- Improves financing options – A periodic audit or review dramatically increases the probability of obtaining a loan. In fact, it’s often a requirement for obtaining a loan. In the long run, having an annual audit will save your church money should you ever need to borrow money.
- Better decisions – The Board will be in a better position to make the best business decisions if the financial statements are based on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
When most of us are sick, we go to a doctor. And when a legal issue arises, we consult with an attorney. The same principal applies to accounting and tax matters, you should contact a CPA Firm that specializes in accounting for faith-based organizations. And while the average church or faith-based organization can’t outsource most of the accounting function, they can work with a CPA Firm for the aspects that are most important and critical.
Regardless of size, your church or ministry handles someone else’s money and should be transparent on how it is used. Below are several CPA Firms that specialize in church accounting and work with faith-based organizations.
CPA Accountants for Churches and Faith-Based Schools – Gatlin CPA Firm works with churches, religious groups, parochial schools and faith-based colleges throughout the Midwest. The founder has spoken to entire congregations and church boards over the decades and is from a faith based family.
CPA Accounting for Churches and Pastors – Curtis Johnson CPA works with churches, religious groups and pastors throughout the southeast.
Fortunately, finding an accountant who embraces QuickBooks and is a Certified ProAdvisor is becoming easier and easier.
Here are several QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisors that we recommend.
QuickBooks Certified Pros – Chicago – Oak Brook – Orland Park – Michael Kimmey & Associates works with small business owners throughout Chicagoland with convenient office locations in Oak Brook and Orland Park. This firm has operated for over fourty years.
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisors – Baltimore CPA – Inner Harbor – Graber & Associates works with small business owners throughout Baltimore using QuickBooks and guiding them to lower their tax obligations. They have convenient locations in Inner Harbor and Pikesville.
QuickBooks Certified Pros – Tampa Bay – Clearwater FL – Tampa Bay CPA specializes in QuickBooks Accounting. They are Certified Pros and provide convenient offices in Tampa and Clearwater.
QuickBooks Certified Pros – East Bay – Emeryville – Oakland – San Rafael – Chahal & Associates specializes in QuickBooks Accounting to better service the entire San Francisco Bay area. They provide convenient offices in Emeryville, San Rafael and Pinole.
QuickBooks Certified Pros – Colorado Springs – Denver CO – Gheen & Company CPA specializes in QuickBooks Accounting with convenient offices in Denver and Colorado Springs.
QuickBooks Certified Pros – New York City – Mark Feinsot CPA specializes in QuickBooks Accounting and provides two convenient office locations in midtown Manhattan.
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor – Houston CPA Accountants – Mike Manoloff CPA provides QuickBooks Accounting services to all types of businesses in Houston.
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor – Long Island CPA accountants – James Castaldo & Associates provides QuickBooks Accounting services to all types of businesses in Nassau and Suffolk County.
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor – New Jersey CPA accountants – Frank Kapitza CPA & Associates provides QuickBooks Accounting services in New Jersey from three convenient office locations.
Finding a CPA Firm that specializes in real estate accounting is getting easier. Over the past couple of years, low interest rates has helped the real estate sector slowly dig out of a deep pit. And as more property management and real estate businesses prosper, CPA Firms are starting to support this sector as well with specialized services.
Real Estate CPA Accounting – Los Angeles – Orange County – Morey & Associates works with property management, real estate investment trusts, and commercial developers on real estate projects. Their real estate specialty enables real estate businesses to obtain a higher level of expertise and a genuine business partner who understands the industry.
Real Estate CPA Accounting – Florida – Peter Freuler CPA works with property management, non-resident property owners, and real estate companies throughout Florida providing tax advisory and accounting services.
Homeowner Association Audits and Condo Associations – Keystone Accounting Solutions in Kentucky provides CPA Accounting and Tax services to Homeowner Associations, Condo Boards, Co-ops, and Townhomes.
Real Estate Accounting and Tax – Baltimore MD – Thomas Palm PA works with property management, commercial developers, and real estate investor groups making tax and accounting simple.
Real Estate CPA Accounting – Atlanta GA – Roe CPA works with property management, real estate investors, and hotel properties throughout Atlanta.
Providing tax, accounting and payroll services to retail businesses would seldom appear to be a niche service. However, it is because very few accounting firms specialize in retail accounting.
In the San Francisco Bay area, Chahal & Associates has aggressively targeted the retail sector and found gold in the hills of Napa, Contra Costa and Alameda counties. Typically, accounting firms avoid gas stations, convenience stores, and liquor stores but Chahal & Associates is carving out an attractive niche.
Targeting a sector aggressively clearly has it’s benefits.
As the medical practice industry is going through the pains of consolidation and transition, dental accounting is looking more attractive to many CPA Accounting Firms. That’s right, the dental industry is steady, profitable and not suffering from the effects of medical insurance reform. And, many dentists are sole practitioners so decision making on key financial decisions is far simpler.
Conversely, dentists are capitalizing on cloud computing and technology to improve their practice operations. The next evolution is to work with specialized dental practice providers for accounting, legal and practice management advice.
1. Dental Practice Accounting in Orland0 FL – Peter J Freuler CPA works with dentists of all types throughout Orlando and Central Florida. His firm has been focused on dentists and oral surgeons for many years now. They also have a specialty in real estate accounting which dovetails nicely with dental practitioners.
2. Dental Practice CPA Accounting in New York City – Mark Feinsot CPA grew up in a dental household as his dad was a dentist. Mark’s interest were more technical in nature as he was originally interested in physics and aviation before venturing into accounting. Today, Mark has a niche in dental practice accounting and high net worth individuals.
3. Dental Practice Accounting – Orange County CA – Morey & Associates works with dentists throughout Orange County and Los Angeles. They also have a niche in real estate accounting, which supports his dental practice clients nicely.
4. Dental Practice Accounting – Denver – Colorado Springs CO – Gheen & Co CPA work with dentists throughout Colorado.
5. Dental Practice CPA Accountant – Tampa – Naples FL – Tampa Bay CPA works with dentists on the West Coast of Florida.
6. Dental Practice CPA Accountant – Chicago – 1st Chicago Accounting work with dentists through Chicago.
7. Dental Practice CPA Firm – Houston Texas – Mike Manoloff PC works with dentists throughout Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
Hospitality businesses constantly juggle seasonal trends, inventory management, and operating costs in order to stay profitable and ahead of the competitive pack. To help them make better decisions, minimize taxes and avoid compliance issues, the savvy hospitality business owners align themselves with CPA Firms that specialize in the hospitality industry rather than the closest CPA Firm nearby. With today’s technology, specialized advice trumps location when it comes choosing the right CPA Firm for your business.
1. CPA Accounting for Restaurants in Long Island NY – James Castaldo CPA & Associates works with restaurants, bars, brew pubs and hotels across Long Island. They understand the need to limit costs, minimize compliance issues, and financial reporting requirements to help your business operate more competitively.
2. Hospitality Accounting in Georgia – Roe CPA works with hotels, golf clubs, restaurants and bars throughout Georgia and understands the needs and demands for various hospitality formats. In some cases, a focus on internal controls is key and others need to focus on operating costs.
3. Restaurant Accounting in Midwest – Gatlin CPA Group works with hospitality businesses in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and other midwestern states. Their clients include hotels, restaurants, golf clubs and food service providers of all kinds.
4. Restaurant Accounting in Northern California – Chahal & Associates works with franchise restaurants, family owned restaurants, hotels and bars across the Bay area.
5. Restaurant Accounting in Houston TX – Mike C Manoloff PC is a leading CPA Firm for restaurants, bars and nightclubs in Houston providing restaurant accounting, tax and payroll services.
6. Restaurant Accounting, Tax and Payroll in Chicago – 1st Chicago Accounting works with privately owned restaurants, food service and franchised restaurants throughout Chicago.
7. Hospitality Accounting for Restaurants, Bars and Hotels in Atlanta GA – Delerme CPA works with all types of restaurants, lodging and night clubs throughout Atlanta.
In soft economic times, every advantage counts.
That’s why savvy farmers are searching to work with CPA Firms that specialize within the agricultural industry ensuring they get the best possible tax advice rather than continuing to work with a nearby CPA Firm. With cloud computing and uncertain legislative changes, it pays to align yourself with the best regional CPA Firm that focuses on farm accounting rather than working with a local yocal.
Here are two regional CPA Firms that truly understand farm accounting.
1. Farm Accounting in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas – McKinnon Patten CPA is a regional CPA Firm that understands the complexity of operating a family farm, particularly in a soft oil market. They work with livestock farms, organic farms, agricultural cooperatives and crop farms. At the same time, they also specialize in oil in gas accounting which is key to operating a family farm in the southwest region. They have operated for over 40 years.
To learn more, simply call 214-696-1922 and ask for Mark Patten.
2. Farm Accounting in Midwest – Gatlin CPA Group is a regional CPA Firm that works with crop farms, dairy farms, livestock farms, organic farms and nurseries across the Midwestern region.
To learn more, call 219-462-7544 and ask for Harold Gatlin.