Monthly Archives: April 2015
Is the marketing for your accounting practice effective? Are you generating enough new leads? Are you improving your clientele consistently each and every year?
If not, then listen to the video below.
To learn more about BYF’s Outsourced Marketing Program for Accountants, give us a shout. We’ve been doing this for ages.
If you know someone who is considering making this transition from employee to hanging out their shingle, we’ve written up a four page white paper on best practices and tips they should consider to avoid the school of hard knocks. The white paper is called “Critical Steps for Starting a NEW Accounting Practice.”
The white paper covers steps to take, mistakes to avoid, and cost effective marketing techniques. The content is brand spanking new and will be very helpful to start ups.
Please share with prospective new accounting firm start ups.
On Tuesday April 21st, Google is launching a new algorithm which will reward websites that are mobile friendly. Surprisingly, many accounting firm websites are designed for desktop computers and have not taken this extra step.
All Build Your Firm accounting websites have provided a mobile friendly option since 2013. If you have a BYF website, you are compliant.
For those that only have a desktop only website, our suggestion is to migrate into a “responsive” web design as this will be the next hurdle to cross.
By all means, we realize that you have more tax returns on extension so worrying about Google is not top priority. However, we would welcome the opportunity to help you acquire more leads from the internet and comply with Google’s demands so your website is easy to locate online. Our 2015 websites will focus on responsive design. BYF started providing responsive designs in 2014.
The massive algorithm change next week is much larger than past Google algorithm changes like Panda and Penguin.
On April 21st, Google will be launching their newest website algorithm with an emphasis on mobile-friendly websites. In other words, they are telegraphing this algorithm change which is not their norm.
Simply said, Google will support websites that have a mobile website option for mobile viewing, while concealing websites that are “non-mobile-friendly.” In other words, if your website does not have a mobile website option for smart phone viewers, your website traffic will get clobbered.
Here is our guidance to accounting firm owners:
- Now is the time to take one extra step ahead of Google’s shot across the bow. Google ultimately wants you to adopt responsive web design so your website is easy to index and display for them. They have formally stated that responsive design is the new industry standard which is more than a hint that having a mobile alternative is not the end goal. Savvy accountants will be ordering a responsive web designed website immediately after tax season.
- Early adopters will be rewarded. The engineers at Google will find a way to incent website owners using responsive web design. They won’t broadcast it but they will reward early adopters with higher placement and more website traffic.
Build Your Firm’s stance:
- Mobile friendly – All of BYF’s websites exceed the Google requirement of a mobile alternative on April 21st.
- Responsive Web Design – BYF launched responsive web design in 2014 and is going much further in 2015. While you were in tax season, we overhauled our website production system so ALL new websites designed will be “responsive”.
- Free Web Redesign – If you have a BYF website and it is older than three (3) years old, we would like to provide you with a free face lift at our expense so you are even more “responsive” going forward. Simply contact us. If your website is not three (3) years old but want to be an early adopter of responsive, call us and we will provide a reasonable quote to design a responsive website for you.
- Accountants without a mobile option – We welcome the opportunity to help you exceed Google’s expectations and help you generate more leads from the internet with a search engine optimized website for accountants. We don’t charge extra for search engine optimization, like everyone else, and excel at helping you put your best foot forward.
To provide you with a different context, many large companies do not yet have a mobile alternative. I would suspect that many large accounting firms have not yet dealt with this issue too. And extremely few regional accounting firms have adopted responsive web design, which is what Google is advocating. So, this algorithm change will provide an opportunity for early adopters at the expense of followers for a temporary period of time.
To help real estate businesses receive a higher level of expertise, Morey & Associates, CPA has unbundled their specialty services into a la carte services.
Target Segments of Real Estate Industry
Real Estate Investor Groups
Types of Services Provided
IRS Tax Audit Resolution
Call Jerry Morey, CPA at 949-485-2011 for your free initial consult.
Gatlin CPA has been servicing the needs of faith-based organizations for decades. However, they now want to service the needs of religious organizations all over the United States because this sector is often overlooked by larger CPA Firms. As part of this outreach, Gatlin CPA is now seeking to service religious organizations across the country and service them by the type of service they truly need.
In 2015, Gatlin CPA will seek to create specialty areas to better meet the needs religious organizations.
Outsourced CFO and Controller Services – Independent financial guidance along with tighter internal controls is key to every well run organization. For a fraction of the cost of hiring a in-house CFO, religious organizations can now outsource this function to a firm that does this for many religious groups.
Accounting for Colleges, Universities and Parochial Schools – Cost effective accounting for all types of educational services.
Church Accounting – Financial reporting and regulatory scrutiny are key to religious organizations of all types.
Non-Profit Tax Compliance – Federal, state and local reporting requirements can be complex in order to retain your non-profit status.
Clergy Taxes – We provide income tax filing for clergy, pastors and ministers of all types.
Gatlin CPA has been servicing religious organizations for over twenty five years. Harold Gatlin CPA CGMA is a product of a faith based family and has a sibling with long tenured service in the ministry. To discuss your situation, call 219-462-7544 and ask for Harold.
Are you searching for cross border tax preparation services?
Whether you are a Canadian citizen working in the United States or a U.S. citizen living in Canada, this firm is worth considering.
- Expatriate tax preparation
- Cross Border taxes
- Reporting on Foreign Trusts
Doing every single function in-house is not always the right approach. Sometimes, it’s far better to outsource certain aspects of a business to subject matter experts like a financial controller. Here are some options worth considering if you are in the market searching for an outsourced CFO or just want to outsource your accounting.
For businesses on a tighter budget, here are some outsourced accounting firms.
We highly recommend these firms.
Liz Daniel, CPA works with all types of horse lovers from breeders to stables to trainers and even vets. Liz has over thirty years of experience as a rider, barn owner and even worked for a veterinarian focused on horses.
Here is a CPA Firm that works with veterinarians, pet walkers, kennels, groomers and K-9 lovers of all kinds. Yes, you can work with Josh Dixon virtually to save taxes and correct your books.