Monthly Archives: September 2014
For those that have upgraded to BYF’s Platinum Website service, the feedback has been very, very positive. The Payment Processing and Secure File Sharing tools have been a home run. Read the commentary yourself…
BYF’s Payment Processing tool has been so unique that a major accounting vendor will soon sell this as a standalone payment processing tool at nearly $40 per month. Yes, for this tool alone (no website or other benefits). As a result of this endorsement, we will rebrand ePay as BizPayO and are seeking to obtain a patent on this amazing tool. More on this later.
Here are the main reasons why you should consider upgrading to BYF’s Platinum Website service.
– BizPayo Payment Processing – This secure payment processing tool enables you to collect payment by ACH, Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Bank Wires when your fee is due. It captures both one time and recurring payments so you can dramatically reduce A/R. The chargeback tool for credit cards enables you to recapture the cost of credit card processing. This online payment processing tool is integrated into BYF’s Platinum Website so you get paid before releasing tax returns. The embed tool also works seamlessly with your billing software program.
– Secure File Transfer (256 bit encryption) – Up to 7 members of your firm can use this system as part of your Platinum service. This easy to use system eliminates those “I forgot my password” phone calls during tax season.
– Up to 24 credits of self study CPE / CE – Hundreds of courses to choose from. Good for CPA’s and EA’s.
– Local listings set up with Google and Yelp – BYF will claim your local listing and optimize it for higher visibility.
– Reputation Management tool – After claiming your local listings, BYF will add our reputation management tool to your website so you can obtain online reviews throughout the year and enhance your reputation locally.
Does your website create an aha moment? Does it break through the clutter and captivate your target audience? Does it create an endless flow of compliments? Be honest….
It should connect with your target audience and motivate prospects to call your firm over the endless number of competitive accounting firm websites. As you know, there are tons of competitors in your local market so your website needs to instantly connect.
Here are some examples:
If you want to break through the clutter and truly differentiate your practice from the local competitors, the images and photography need to tell your story.
Marketing your accounting practice online should be a priority if you want to get more than your fair share of new business. If you’d like to ramp up your marketing on the internet, here are several key things that you should expect from your accounting firm website in order to put your best foot forward and acquire many new clients.
- Create a website that “brands” your firm and creates a positive image in the minds of your clients and prospects. In simple terms, the website should create an image that is more favorable than if they walked into your office.
- The website must be easy to locate in Google, Bing and Yahoo. It must be search engine friendly and optimized for desktop computers, tablets and mobile devices using responsive design.
- Invest into pay per click and retargeting advertising. Pay per click advertising can drive immediate traffic to your website informing them about your accounting firm services. As they consider the decision over time, they start to see your retargeting advertising which makes your firm appear larger and seeks to pull them back to your website so they take action.
- Get reviews online to favorably influence your local reputation.
- Order a blog and have it integrated into your website. Be social. This will establish you as an subject matter expert and support your placement in Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Use amazing photography to paint a picture in their minds and headshots of the key people in your practice. Don’t be headless.
- Your “About Our Firm” page should have some personality and illustrate your qualifications.
- Your firm phone number should be on every page of the website. Your goal is to obtain inbound phone calls from prospects. Make it easy for prospects to reach the right person in your firm.
If you’d like more productivity from your internet marketing, give us a call at 888-999-9800 x1.
Nearly every day, we all frequent a franchise business. Whether it’s a trip to the gas station, fast food restaurant, cup of coffee, frozen yogurt, automotive repair, lodging, fitness centers, and copy centers, we have all seen the growth of the franchise business model. Here are some facts that illustrate how big franchises have become:
- There are over 3,000 different franchisers operating in the US today.
- Franchises in the US provide nearly 18 million jobs.
- There are over 300 different industries for franchises.
- The franchise industry represents approximately 50% of all retail sales in US.
- Approximately 1 out of 12 businesses in the US is a franchise.
Given the sheer growth of franchises, it might be time to rethink your mindset towards franchised businesses. Here is a quick sampling of the opportunity you are missing out on.
Fast Food – McDs, Burger King, Wendy’s, KFC, Arby’s, Subway, Denny’s, Taco Bell, Bojangles, Moe’s
Novelty Food – Dunkin’ Donuts, Baskin Robbins, DQ, Edible Arrangements, Cold Stone, Cinnabon, Carvel, Ben & Jerry’s
Pizza – Domino’s, Papa John’s, Little Ceasars, Pizza Hut
Automotive Repair – Midas, Monroe Muffler, Jiffy Lube, AAMCO, Meineke, Maaco
Business Services – UPS Store, Minuteman Press, Fast Signs
Gas Stations/C Stores – 7-Eleven, ampm, Circle K
Lodging – Hampton, Days Inn, Motel 6, Hilton, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Knights Inn
Home Services – Servpro, ServiceMaster, The Maids, Merry Maids, Lawn Doctor, Weichert, RE/MAX
Retail – Ace Hardware, GNC, Radio Shack, True Value Hardware
Fitness – Planet Fitness, Golds Gym, Gymboree
To capitalize on franchise businesses, Chahal & Associates is aggressively target franchise businesses in fast food, retail, travel and auto repair with Build Your Firm’s assistance. Below are some of the franchise brands they’ve acquired already. Although it’s not sexy, ignoring franchises might be something that you regret in the future.
Would you like to acquire more non profit accounting clients?
By all means, non profit accounting is distinctly different from most other forms of accounting and many accounting firms don’t even offer this service. Given the boutique nature of non profit accounting services, online marketing can become an effective way to attract prospective non profit clients and explain how you are uniquely suited to exceed their expectations.
Below are examples of how several accounting firms are using the internet to attract non profit accounting prospects.
If you have a boutique accounting service, internet marketing should become part of your arsenal.
Within a larger CPA website, having one page dedicated to Litigation Support, Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting gets lost in the shuffle. And, it’s not very persuasive to prospective clients either.
Here are some examples of CPA Firms that have gone the extra mile and developed a website dedicated to litigation support, business valuation, and related forensic accounting services. As you will see, having a website dedicated to your area of concentration is far more persuasive for the prospect. And, having a niche website elevates your placement in the search engines because it’s easier for the search engines to understand what you do.
Over the years, payroll processing has become easier with the advances in software. While we traditionally don’t advocate payroll processing, many of our accounting clients actively want more payroll clients (within reason).
To help them acquire more payroll clients, many have asked BYF to develop a website dedicated to payroll services. If this rings a bell, check out our payroll niche websites to accelerate the payroll side of your accounting practice.
If you want to develop a concentration within your practice, whether
it’s payroll or some other areal, call us at 888-999-9800 x1.
Let us help you cross the chasm with less trepidation.
Register today for our Accounting Marketing Program
and learn how to systematically grow your practice the right way.
September 17th and 18th – no travel required
Call 888-999-9800 x1 if you have questions.
Would you like to acquire more small business clients that are using QuickBooks to maintain their accounting transactions?
Given the growth of QuickBooks in the general marketplace, our most common niche website is for QuickBooks accounting. Most of our clients that want to become more aggressive acquiring QuickBooks users will do the following:
- Secure 3-5 QuickBook certifications. QuickBooks Advanced is the most important.
- Secure placement within Intuit’s Find-a-ProAdvisor website.
- Obtain online reviews to be placed into Intuit’s Find-a-ProAdvisor website using Build Your Firm’s reputation management tool.
- Order a QuickBooks niche website to generate more leads from the internet.
Here are some examples of accountants who have pursued
If you’d like to acquire more QB clients, call BYF at 888-999-9800 x1. If you need
a more comprehensive marketing system, attend our Accounting Marketing Program.
If you’d like to aggressively grow your practice and improve the market value of your retirement nest egg, then consider Build Your Firm’s Outsourced Marketing Program for the following reasons:
- Partner with experts that know how to generate leads
- Improve the profit margins for your accounting practice
- Acquire higher quality small business clients
BYF provides the training, coaching and lead generation to improve your accounting practice. Stop trying to do everything yourself. It’s too difficult to be the chef, bar tender, waiter, and dish washer all by yourself. Partner with a firm that has this expertise. Absolutely no telemarketing involved.
If you are remotely interested, then register today for the Accounting Marketing Program as the season for acquiring business clients is now. Don’t let the train leave the station for another season. The season for starting the Outsourced Marketing Program is closing.
Just do it!!